As we come to the end of another great year down on the lower reaches of the Ebro, here is a compilation of the 10 largest captures of the season:
10. Steve Burwood’s May trip had been a struggle, until this 165lber smashed a large common carp bait in deep water around the islands.
9. April Elliott caught our largest ever fish by a lady angler with a June caught monster of 166lb from the Wires section.
8. A February trip produced a monster fish of 168lb for Cameron Bain on his first visit to the river. This huge Cat accepted an eel fished in Titchin’s snags.
7. The fishing hotted up for John Kerr with the capture of this 169lber from the Wires.
6. Stuart Heyburn is one of our regular visitors who has caught multiple 100’s, but none bigger than this 173 from the Ledge area.
5. A deep water drift downstream of Amposta produced a huge Cat of 175lb for Roger Keighley on his first visit.
4. Some heavy rain had livened the river up in early March and our Hungarian visitor Ferenc Gomori took a massive 178lber off Jose Mourinho’s drift.
3. Garry Wright got a big reward from Big Cat Alley on his first ever visit in October with a whopper of 181lb.
2. For the second year running an early March stint saw Andy ‘Booga’ Benson break the 180lb barrier, this time with a 182 out of the Tyland margins in high water conditions.
1. Defying the laws of probability, Gaz Titchen takes number 1 spot for the second consecutive year with a June caught 193lber from the Ledge area. Gaz now holds the boat records on both Al and Martin’s boats!!